Valentine’s Day is the most interesting holiday for me. It brings out a variety of powerful feelings and visions that we had not seen before Thanksgiving, Christmas or Halloween. We have enemies, lovers, chocolate lovers and fanatics about trade.
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 C. Rice Crispy cereal
- 1 bag mini marshmallows about 10.5 oz.
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3–1/2 C. dry Red Velvet cake mix sift to remove any lumps
Heart cookie cutter and melted white chocolate for decoration
- Butter a 9 X13 pan OR a cookie cutter, depending on how you want to serve your treats.
- Measure cereal and set aside.
- In a large microwave proof bowl, add marshmallows, butter and vanilla extract. Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, remove and stir. Continue heating in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Add cake mix and stir. (Add more or less depending on how strong of a taste you want.)
- Slowly add in rice crispy cereal and gently fold until coated.
- Dump into your buttered pan and press firmly until flat OR if you want heart shaped treats take small amounts of rice crispy treats and stuff into your cookie cutters until flat. I like to do this on parchment paper so it doesn’t get too sticky and I always butter my hands.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate or frost with cream cheese frosting!
Rice Crispy (Krispie) treats have always been a huge weakness for me. Maybe it’s because they only take about 3 minutes to make.