What we have is delicious and full mint cookies filled with mint chips, chocolate chips and Andean chocolate sweets.
To add mint flavor, I also added some mint extracts to cookies. Each bite produces a potential minty taste.
If you like chocolate and mint, you will be crazy about it. I don’t usually choose mint cookies, but I do really like these cookies! When this beauty comes out of the oven, I lose some self-control. One bite leads to another bite, I can only say that I do not know the amount of consumption.
What we have is delicious and full mint cookies filled with mint chips, chocolate chips and Andean chocolate sweets
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 cups mint chips, chocolate chips and/or chopped Andes candies see note
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened slightly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Place the baking sheets on wire racks and allow the cookies to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and both sugars for 1-2 minutes, scraping the bowl as needed. Add egg and peppermint extract and beat until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 7-10 minutes until the edges are just beginning to turn golden brown and the very center is still slightly underdone. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through cooking time, if necessary.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, beating until just combined. Add 1 cup of mint chips/Andes/chocolate chips (the rest will be reserved for topping the cookies).
- Scoop golf ball sized portions of dough (approximately 2 tablespoons) and place them a couple inches apart on the cookie sheets. Using the remaining 1/2 cup mix-ins, top each ball of dough with a few chips/candies (this makes for a prettier cookie).
I used a combination of mint chips, chocolate chips and chopped Andes Mints. Feel free to use any variation of these. I highly recommend the Andes Mints.
- Serving Size: 20
- Calories: 176 kcal
- Sugar: 16 gr
- Sodium: 98 mg
- Fat: 8 gr
- Saturated Fat: 4 gr
- Carbohydrates: 24 gr
- Protein: 1 gr
- Cholesterol: 22 mg